Another week has gone so it’s time for another Lighter Life update.
I guess I should start with the important milestone that I hit this week… My BMI is now under 40 – whilst I’m not a massive fan of BMI because of its obvious flaws this does mean that I have dropped down a category from “morbidly obese” to just “obese”… which I guess is pretty decent, but I think I’ll be more excited when I stop the obese word altogether from being associated with me. It’s also worth noting that in exactly 1lb I will have lost 15% of the body weight that I started with.
I’ve had a pretty good week (although didn’t lose much) and here it is in review:
- Went go-karting at the weekend – came last, which I think is because everyone else was pretty fit and healthy – but the kart moved and I fitted into it which was a relief! I’ve a friend who karts professionally (or near enough) so hoping to go again once the weight is off and see if that helps my time… and perhaps stops me from spinning?!?
- Went out to Kensington Roof Gardens for a charity event (attended by Prince Harry of all people) where everyone was getting rather drunk… gave my free burger to my colleague Graham (so he had two) and continued to drink water all night. I did however miss getting drunk when everyone was dancing away at the end of the night but could quite easily have caved and didn’t.
- Went to my first Christmas do (yes, in October..) at Soho House and the food looked AMAZING. I sat and had my shake and some peppermint tea whilst everyone else scoffed three courses – which was like some form of mental torture.
In terms of how I got on this week – I lost another 4lb – bringing the total lost to 3st 2lb. When I originally started out on Lighter Life I said that I wanted to try and lose 3st before a conference that I am attending next week – so I hit my target with a few lb and a few days to spare which I’m pretty happy about. Obviously I would have liked to have lost more than 4lb but I’m pretty convinced the reason I didn’t was a bit of a hangover from the week before.
So target update time..
Target 1 – Lose 14lb (1 stone) – Reward – Destiny for Xbox One – DONE
Target 2 – Lose 25lb – DONE 23/09/14
Target 3 – Lose 35lb – DONE 07/10/14
Target 4 – Lose 50lb – Amazon Fire TV or Raspberry Pi
Target 5 – Lose 70lb
Target 6 – Lose 85lb
Target 7 – Lose 100lb
Target 8 – Loose 110lb
FINAL GOAL – Lose 115lb (8st 2lb) – Reward – Wedding Ring
PROGRESS: 44lb gone – 71lb to go (38.26% gone)
In the next week I have a few challenges:
- A trip to HQ on Thursday (must avoid petrol station food!)
- Conference next week on Tuesday/Wednesday
The conference means that I will miss next week’s Tuesday weigh in so I’ve got an appointment on Sunday morning instead – it would be nice to get close to the 6lb required for the next target (50lb).
I’ve also got an appointment with the Nurse on Friday as I wanted a bit of a check-up – mainly because of all the bad stories you read about “fad” diets. Another reason for this is because apparently you can get some kind of gym discount for being overweight so I might as well attempt to make the most of this!
When I’ve got a bit more time I’ll put together a summary from what we did at this week’s session too – as it will give a bit more insight into what happens during the meetings..
If you’ve got this far through the post then thanks for reading and thanks to everyone for the very kind words of encouragement since I started – both in person and via social media! It really has been helping hugely to keep me motivated.